Provide Advanced First Aid
2 day course HLTAID006
This course is designed to provide First Aiders the skill to be able to provide advanced first aid response, life support and management of a casualty until the arrival of medical assistance. This unit builds on Apply First Aid (HLTFA311A) or Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) to include additional skills and uses a range of equipment.
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
- Trauma Management
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Operation of automated external defibrillator
- Advanced Resuscitation techniques
- Administration of medication
- Management of bleeding and wounds
- Procedures for managing multiple injuries and multiple casualties
- Administration of analgesic gases
- Infection control principles and procedures
Students must be at least 18 years of age at the time of attendance.
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions.
The 2 day face to face course is delivered in a theoretical and practical format. There is a short multiple choice quiz at the end of the training, covering the practical First Aid information learnt that day.
Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or may be refused entry.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited course- Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID006.
The certificate is valid for three (3) years from the completion date.
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Defibrillation skills be refreshed annually.