Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace 22282VIC
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to
develop an asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid interventions in the workplace.
- Develop a risk minimisation and emergency management plan for an asthma episode
- Recognise the symptoms and potential dangers of an asthma episode
- Assess the emergency asthma situation taking into consideration the casualty, risks, physical hazards and appropriate response to control the situation
- Communicate effectively with the asthma casualty to reassure and advise
- Gather the essential resources and equipment to provide effective first aid to the asthma casualty
- Demonstrate effective first aid management of an asthma episode
- Communicate and document the essential details of the emergency asthma incident and the casualty’s condition
- Follow workplace debriefing policies/procedures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the responses to the emergency incident and identify possible improvements
- Facilitate the implementation of improvements to the workplace’s Asthma Emergency Management Plan
Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance. There are no course pre-requisites for Asthma training.
The face to face training is 2 hours and covers both theory and practical aspects of Asthma Training.
Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or may be refused entry.
Apply First Aid provides discounted training for groups of 10-22 students at your office or workplace.
The Asthma course can be customised to meet your industry requirements. Apply First Aid also provides an Advanced Management System to notify clients and students when certificates are due to expire, ensuring staff are always compliant.
Our trainers have 10 years of industry experience and guarantee a professional learning experience. State-of-the art resources and learning material are provided for theory and practical learning and all students must pass the course prior to receiving certification.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited course – 22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
Certificates are emailed following each course.
The certificate is valid for 3 years from the completion date.
Once enrolled, Healthcorp (on behalf of “Apply First Aid”) will email students an Asthma course booking confirmation with venue details, maps, course requirements and terms of enrolment.